We are I CAN's Meath School
Helping children develop speech, language and communication skills
Meath School is part of I CAN, the children’s communication charity.
I CAN is the children’s communication charity. We are experts in helping children develop the speech, language and communication skills they need to thrive in a 21st century world. Our vision is a world where all children have the communication skills they need to fulfil their potential. Our mission is that no child should be left out or left behind because of a difficulty speaking or understanding.
Over the last 3 years an average of 82% of our exit pupils have consistently achieved in the upper quartile (top 25%) of all SEN learners nationally by making outstanding progress in the strands of Maths, Science and English. This year (2015), 72% of pupils made outstanding progress in Maths, 57% in Science and 86% in English, their hardest subject. We are so proud of them!
Download our evidence of outstanding progress over three years here
In the last three years average progress of pupils from entry to exit across strands of English, Maths and Science has been outstanding for 82% of pupils. Outstanding progress at Meath School is progress of more than 1P level or National Curriculum sub-level per year over their time at the school.
The progress of those pupils who are entitled to receive disadvantaged children's funding is in line with the progress of pupils who are not entitled to disadvanted children's funding.
Read about our successes from past pupils on the I CAN blog
Find out more about I CAN at www.ican.org.uk
Links with our community
The school works to be an active and integrated part of Ottershaw village community and the surrounding area.
Policies and Procedures
Behaviour (including bullying)
Medical and Health Care
Health and Safety
Speech and Language Therapy
Complaints and Concerns Procedure
Race Equality and Equal Opportunities Policy
Equality Scheme Policy
Safeguarding and Child Protection
Anti Radicalisation and Extremism Policy
School Fees and Charging Policy
E Safety Policy
Visit Meath School in Surrey
The best way to experience what makes Meath School a very special learning community is by visiting us in person!
To arrange a visit to our school in Surrey, please call us on 01932 872302 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an overseas enquiry, we would be delighted to welcome you for a visit to Meath.. but please do remember - we are only a weekly boarding provision.
Although our school is in Surrey, we also accept pupils from surrounding areas including: Oxford, Reading, Windsor and Maidenhead, Bracknell Forest, Wokingham, Berkshire, Croydon, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Hampshire, Sussex, Kent and London (e.g. Richmond, Twickenham, Kingston, Ealing, Hounslow, Brent, Barnet, Hillingdon, Harrow, Merton, Sutton, Wandsworth, Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster).
Included in the standard fees are…
- Intensive Speech and language therapy
- Direct Occupational therapy/Sensory Integration
- All medical/nursing needs
- Support provided by a specialist educational psychologist and paediatrician
- Skilled professional support into the family home, and 1:1 for children by the school's Family Support Worker
- Interest costs of funding capital spend
- ‘Back office’ costs including HR, payroll, finance
- Recurrent equipment costs including maintenance
- School building costs (as an average per pupil p.a.)
- For residential pupils: the money saved on transport (i.e. the cost of daily transport to the local school that would have been incurred minus the weekly cost of transport to I CAN school)
- Money saved by non-payment of VAT and corporation tax applicable to I CAN schools
- Capital costs/depreciation
- Social impact costs: an estimate of the money saved by placement in a good/outstanding school compared to a less high quality school- where applicable. This might include impact on family, reduction in their reliance on support services or increased capacity of parents to earn/pay taxes etc.